Our second annual Tailers Cup Redfish tournament is back in Charleston, SC on Saturday September 16th, 2017!
The Tailers Cup is a fly fishing only redfish tournament around the surrounding waters of Charleston, SC, where large tides will offer a variety of great fishing opportunities throughout the day.
We've lined up some sweet sweeet prizes and parties so sign up by August 1st for the dawn patrol special. Deadline to register is September 1st.
*If you want to purchase a ticket for your teammate you must go through the transaction process again for registration purposes.
- Standard one angler entry: $50
- Dawn Patrol special: $40 if bought before August 1st
- Deadline: September 1st
Date, Time, Events
Friday September 15th
Mandatory Captain’s meeting - Cooper River Brewing - 6pm
@ Flood Tide Co.'s Tailers Ball
2201 Mechanic St B Charleston, SC 29405
Saturday September 16th
Lines out @ 6am or anytime thereafter
Awards and Reception at Revelry Brewery - 7:30pm
10 Conroy St. Charleston, SC 29403
- This is an inshore fly fishing only redfish tournament. Wading kayak and SUPs are permitted. No fishing wrecks or jetties. No chumming, scent, or other unsportsmanlike shenanigans.
- Only two people per team.
- Teams of two shall remain together. If not by skiff teammates must remain within eyesight of each other and take the photo, so no selfies!
- Any tiebreaks shall go to the longest fish.
- Fishing range is unlimited but teams must check in to scorers table at Revelry no later than 7:30 pm.
- Badfish has full discretion on all rules, fish measurement, fish submission, disqualification and final scoring. No exceptions.
- For the purpose of this tournament, the Tailers Cup headquarters will be Revelry Brewery
Scoring & Measurement
- Most inches wins
- Teams may enter their top 3 fish
- Scoring and measuring fish for this tournament should be done as follows:
- Fish must be photographed with smart phone or digital camera alongside measuring tape and tournament chip provided in Captain’s bag.
- All measurements should be in inches (to the quarter of an inch) and be measured from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail.
- Tape measure inch marks must be legible in photograph or fish will be disqualified.
- All fish must be measured, photographed and released alive.
Over $5,000 in Prizes including Rods, Reels, Coolers, Shades, and more (Details coming soon)
1st Place Team based on highest total points
2nd Place Team based on 2nd highest total points
3rd Place Team based on 3rd highest total points
Calcutta - Redfish with most spots
Best #tailerscup instagram photo
The Waterkeeper Award
Follow along on our Facebook event page for updates too!