We're putting on our first tournament here in Charleston, South Carolina on Saturday September 24th, 2016! The Tailers Cup will be a fly fishing only redfish tournament in the surrounding waters of Chas, where large tides will offer a variety of great fishing opportunities throughout the day. Plus, we've lined up some pretty rad prizes to give out...
- Standard one angler entry: $50
- Dawn patrol special: $30 if bought before August 1st
- Deadline: September 1st
Date, Time, Events
Friday September 23rd
Mandatory Captain’s meeting - Home Team BBQ (Downtown) - 7pm
126 Williman St. Charleston, SC 29403
Saturday September 24th
Lines in @ 6am or anytime thereafter
Awards and Reception at Revelry Brewery - 6pm
10 Conroy St. Charleston, SC 29403
Thursday September 22nd
Our friends at Flood Tide Co. will be having their annual Tailers Ball at the brand new Cooper River Brewing Co. This is a party you do not want to miss. - 6:30pm
2201 Mechanic St, Charleston, SC 29405
- This is an inshore fly fishing only redfish tournament. Wading kayak and SUPs are permitted. No fishing wrecks or jetties. No chumming, scent, or other unsportsmanlike shenanigans.
- Only two people per team.
- Teams of two shall remain together. If not by skiff teammates must remain within eyesight of each other and take the photo, so no selfies!
- Maximum tippet is 20lbs, a leader will be provided, but is not mandatory to use. Any length of leader may be used.
- Any tiebreaks shall go to the longest fish.
- Fishing range is unlimited but teams must check in to scorers table at Revelry no later than 6 pm.
- Badfish has full discretion on all rules, fish measurement, fish submission, disqualification and final scoring. No exceptions.
- For the purpose of this tournament, the Tailers Cup headquarters will be Revelry Brewery
Scoring & Measurement
- Most inches wins
- Teams may enter their top 3 fish
- Scoring and measuring fish for this tournament should be done as follows:
- Fish must be photographed with smart phone or digital camera alongside measuring tape and tournament chip provided in Captain’s bag.
- All measurements should be in inches (to the quarter of an inch) and be measured from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail.
- Tape measure inch marks must be legible in photograph or fish will be disqualified.
- All fish must be measured, photographed and released alive.
1st Place Team based on highest total points
- Cash Prize
- Clutch 8 Weight
- 2 Allen Atlas Reels
- 2 YETI Rambler bottles
- Van Staal Pliers
2nd Place Team based on 2nd highest total points
- Cash Prize
- 2 pairs of SMITH Guide's Choice Sunglasses
- 2 YETI Rambler Tumblers
3rd Place Team based on 3rd highest total points
- Cash Prize
- 2 Williams knives
- YETI Colster and Low Ball
Calcutta - Redfish with most spots
- 1 Pair of SMITH Guide’s Choice Sunglasses
Best #tailerscup instagram photo
- Rep Your Water swag bag
The Waterkeeper Award (will explain)
- Strip & Feed Research bucket
Follow along on our Facebook event page for updates too!